Author: Katerina Tsernou
Apples are an excellent source of:
- Boron -- A nutrient found in abundance in apples, boron supports strong bones and a healthy brain.
- Pectin -- Pectin is a form of fiber that lowers blood pressure, glucose & LDL levels
- Quercetin -- A flavonoid, this nutrient shows promise for reducing the risk of various cancers & free radical damage, which has been implicated in a variety of age-related health problems, including Alzheimer's disease.
- Vitamin C -- Vitamin C boosts immunity, which helps maintain overall health.
- Phytonutrients -- vitamins A and E and beta carotene. These compounds fight damage from free radicals and can have a profound affect on health, including reducing the risk of heart disease, diabetes and asthma.
Apples also act as a toothbrush, cleaning teeth and killing bacteria in the mouth, which may reduce the risk of tooth decay.
Source: Tsernou: An Apple A Aay, Keeps The Doctor Away